Despite its name, New House was actually purpose built in 1909 and so recently enjoyed its centenary year. To this day it remains the most recent boys’ Boarding House built from scratch and having undergone a major refurbishment in the summer of 2008, it is once again looking better than ever.
33 rooms of varying sizes and shapes comprise the accommodation in which no boy shares with more than two others in any one room. The single bedsits are primarily for boys in their Upper Sixth, but many Lower Sixth, too, enjoy the luxury of their own room! Most of the rooms have their own wash basins, and there are baths and showers on all three floors of the House.
Will Odell, MA
Having been a tutor in the house for two years, William Odell took over New House in September 2007 along with his wife, Angela, their new son, George, two labradors and a cat! He teaches History, and although cricket and hockey are keen interests, having gone to St. Andrews University, it is no surprise that he is an avid golfer.