Latham is a shining beacon of all that is great in Repton. Renowned for its diversity and sociability, the individual talents of each member of the House are celebrated uniquely.
Founded in 1857, it is the only House in Repton named after its original Housemaster, the Reverend Edward Latham. Originally based in the High Street, it moved in 1918 to its current premises on Tanners Lane. Surrounded by playing fields and tennis courts on three sides, Latham enjoys a peaceful and idyllic location away from the busy High Street, yet remains within striking distance of many of the major school sites.
Erin was educated at Chelmsford County High School, before studying Civil Engineering at Durham University, where she was awarded an army cadetship and so attended officer training at RMA Sandhurst. After leaving the Army, she worked at Unilever for ten years, marketing such delights as PG Tips and Sure deodorant. Having spent a number of years raising the mini Merlins, last year she retrained as a secondary school Physics teacher and she now teaches at Chellaston Academy. She is a hugely visible and active member of all things Latham and shares Sam’s passion for foreign travel, sport and the outdoors, always trying to combine all three with ski trips abroad. She is a qualified army ski instructor and, like Sam, is also an accredited assessor for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme. She is also a self-professed useless, but eager, pianist!
Sam and Erin are joined in Latham by their hugely popular and committed Resident Tutor, Mr Riccardo De Rosa (Head of Geography).