Welcome to The Cross! Situated at the heart of the village, The Cross is an old coaching house which became a boys’ boarding house in 1880. In recent years it has been significantly refurbished and modernised and currently houses 35 boarders and 15 day boys.
There are 16 single bedrooms that are mostly allocated to Sixth Form boys. The rest of the boys live in double or treble rooms. Day boys are fully integrated, sharing study bedrooms with the boarders. Most bedrooms have a sink unit, all have a full complement of matching furniture and a network socket so that the boys can access their userwork on their laptop or desktop computers. Bathrooms and shower rooms have been upgraded significantly; there is a private bath on each floor and individual shower pods replacing the central changing rooms that existed prior to the refurbishment.
Simon Earwicker, BA, MPhil
Simon Earwicker, Housemaster of The Cross, and his wife Helen, who is the Relief Matron, have two children, Alice and James. Alice is at Repton in O block in The Abbey and James is now in Year Eight at Foremarke. Helen teaches in the Learning Support department at Repton and Simon, the former Head of Department, teaches English and coaches boys’ games.
Nick Crombie, teacher of English, is the Resident Tutor. The non-residential team includes Luis Parés, Paul Goodhead, Claire Watson and Michael Raven.